Mataram is one of city in Indonesia whose has many delicious foods that very unique and will make you regretful if you must miss it. One of those yummy foods is mangut lele. This food was from Mataram region exactly Semarang city, Kendal.
Mangut lele is kind of food that made from some fried catfishes which are then given by some more yummy spices called mangut. And have you known? That the lele itself is catfish, just in case Indonesian people called this species one by name of lele.
For the materials in order to make this mangut lele, of course with my very pleasure you guys could check it below:
- 2 catfishes
- 1 lemon
- 2 sheet of bay leaves
- 1 lemongrass, you can press it firstly for the water trapped inside it could getting out well.
- 2 cm of galangal, you can press it firstly for the water trapped inside it could getting out well.
- 10 cayenne chili, slice it slightly.
- 6 green chilies
- 125 gr fiber cream
- 500 ml drinkable water
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar or palm sugar is okay though
- 1 green tomato
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- Maizena (maize) flour
- Lemon basil
And then for the blended spice itself, you could take a look below:
- 4 shallots
- 2 pieces of garlic
- 3 cayenne chilies
- 1 candlenut, which previously could be fried so the taste will be delightful when it be cooked.
- 2 cm of ginger
- 2 cm of sand ginger (Or yeah some others commonly call it as: kaempferia galangal, aromatic ginger, cutcherry, or resurrection lily).
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder
Then now, for the step by step itself are here below:
1. Wash cleanly all the catfishes.
2. Cover it all by lemon water and salt perfectly. And then cover it again with the maizena (maize) flour, it is intended for the catfishes never be burst when it fried on the hot eatable oil.
3. After it well–cooked, you can put the catfishes on the place where the oil could fell down. While now, you can prepare for all the blended spices.
4. Cut the tomato and all of the chilies.
5. Wash the lemon basil clearly and put it in another plate or bowl.
6. Heat on the oil on the pan, saute the blended spices altogether with added by the bay leaves and the lemongrass till the smells getting out well, and then you can add some water into it. Let it simmering.
7. Put the fiber cream and also the leftover of the blended spices other into the pan, stir in evenly.
8. Let the water become thick.
9. Put the all the slices of tomato and also the chilies.
10. Put also the lemon basil into it, then stir it again evenly.
11. Lastly, you can put the catfishes into it.
12. Let it be for around 5 minutes. After that, now you can take it up, and serve it well on a best plate for your loved ones! (Dyah)